Re: External scripts/code for NetworkManagerDispatcher collection.

On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 14:09 +0200, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> Hello.
>
> As I read about another query how to communicate with nm over dbus I
> was reminded an idea I had some time ago.
>
> Collect scripts and programs whcih communicate with nm or
> NetworkManagerDispatcher. There are so many cases which we don't like
> to handle direct in the nm code, but with external scripts.
>
> - Autolgin in special portal webpages for some hotspot services.
> - Change config files based on the current network. (printer,
>   proxy,...)
> - Backup if you entered your home network after some days.
> - ...
>
> I guess that there are some scripts flying around which could be
> helpfull for others. If you have something like this, please post it.

I haven't set it up to run automatically from NM yet, but I wrote a
Twill[1] script for authenticating to an AT&T wifi access point:

#!/usr/bin/env twill-sh
go http://google.com
find AT&T
fv 1 username <fillin>
fv 1 password <fillin>
fv 1 aupAgree 1
submit

It just uses Google as a site to attempt to access to see if it's still
getting redirected.  It will attempt to find "AT&T" in the page
indicating it needs to authenticate, and will exit if the text wasn't
found.  Users will obviously need to fill in the username and password
values it submits.

-- Matt Good

[1] http://twill.idyll.org/