Re: Problems connecting to wireless network

On 10/11/06, Darren Albers <dalbers gmail com> wrote:
On 10/3/06, dragoran <drago01 gmail com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a laptop with a ipw3945 wireless interface card and using FC5
> (x86_64) with wpa_supplicant-0.4.8-10.fc5 and NetworkManager-0.6.4-1.fc5.
> At work I have to configure this to be able to connect to the wireless
> network:
> 802.1x
> WEP dynamic
> EAP-PEAP with MS-CHAPv2
> or
> EAP-TTLS with MS-CHAPv2
> and login with my username and password

Actually let me change what I just said, I am not sure if Dan or
Robert ever intend to support dynamic WEP...  Years ago I had a setup
very similar to that (PEAP with dynamic WEP) and I /think/ this was my
wpa_supplicant.conf.  I had to do man wpa_supplicant and rely on my
memory to pull the relevant options:

network={
ssid="SSID"
key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
eap=PEAP
auth_alg=OPEN
phase1="auth=MSCHAPV2"
identity="username"
password="password"
}

While I understand that changing wireless setups is difficult in a
large enterprise (I work in IT Sec for a Global Enterprise with over
25k employees) leaving WEP in place, even dynamic WEP is not a good
idea and it would be a good time to upgrade.