NM doesn't recognize my connection!

Network Manager doesn't recognize my wireless connections.

I am using a D-Link DWL-650+ (Texas Instruments ACX-100).

There is an icon, OK, but it thinks I have no connection (little red exclamation point). Clicking on it does nothing. Double-clicking on it does nothing. Right-clicking on it offers to disable networking or to remove it from the panel.

How do I get Network Manager to recognize my wireless connections? Is there a config file to edit, or something?

--
- Jeff