openvpn needs more settings

Hi all,

Way back in June, Brice Goglin made the most excellent suggestion that
NetworkManager could do with some more settings for openvpn:

> I am using openvpn regularly and would like to integrate my VPN
> connections in NetworkManager. But I have several non-trivial options in
> my openvpn configuration file (such as rport, lport, ping, ping-restart,
> mute-replay-warning, ...). Is there any way to pass these options to
> network-manager-openvpn ? Something simple like a text-box where the
> user can enter something that would be appended to the openvpn command
> line might be enough.

I see no follow-up on this and the NetworkManager applet that I am
(trying) to use in Suse Enterprise Desktop has pretty badly
impoverished, nerfed and limited settings available for openvpn.

I've been through the documentation (such as there is) and the config
files (that I can find) and I see no way *whatsoever* of configuring
basic openvpn settings like rport from NetworkManager. I need to be able
to configure this.

This effectively cripples the use of NetworkManager for configuring
openvpn connections in the corporate environment where many users will
be making bridged connections to a single openvpn server (ie: they will
absolutely *need* an rport setting).

So I ask you, *is* there a way? Or am I going to have to throw
NetworkManager out (cool-looking as it is)?

I'd like to have users able to bring up their VPN as they wish with a
nice userland tool rather than have to do it via config files in
/etc/openvpn but I am at a loss as to how to do this...

Please! NetworkManager is, otherwise, very useful!

Thanks!