Re: Execute stuff @login if link is up

Timo Hoenig wrote:
It's getting bloddy ugly if you call from a dispatcher script into your
X session...  So please, don't do that.  Get developers to respect the
connection state of NetworkManager and desktop users will thankfully
have a broad smile on their face for days.

   Timo

I agree but most apps are not at this point yet so while it is ugly nm-dispatcher can conceivably help in this case. I did not realize that the Suse team had put so much work into many of the apps so hopefully the upstream authors will take those changes and the other distro's will get them and this issue is gone! :)