Re: NetworkManager CVS detects bcm43xx as wired

On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 00:25 +0100, Steven Cote wrote:
> > > Actually, it doesn't, in the standardized manner NM expects it:
> > > net.80211 set in info.category.
>
> Ah, well then, shows what I know. Ok, I went back and looked at the
> output again, and I see what you're describing, I just didn't copy the
> right part in. The entry right after what I had pasted goes on to
> describe eth1 (my wireless card) and the info.category was set to
> net.80203
>
> > Can you attach the output of "tree /sys" to an email (don't paste it in)
> > and send it to this list?
>
> Sure thing. Would the output of lshal be useful at all?

Nope, since it turns out that your bcm43xx driver isn't advertising
itself as a wireless device.  At least, it certainly doesn't have
any /sys/class/net/eth1/wireless directory.  Which it should.  So
something with the driver seems broken.

If you "cat /sys/class/net/eth1/type", what do you get?  Are there any
bcm43xx messages in the output of 'dmesg'?