Re: NetworkManager CVS detects bcm43xx as wired

On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 23:09 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> Nope, since it turns out that your bcm43xx driver isn't advertising
> itself as a wireless device.  At least, it certainly doesn't have
> any /sys/class/net/eth1/wireless directory.  Which it should.  So
> something with the driver seems broken.
>
> If you "cat /sys/class/net/eth1/type", what do you get?  Are there any
> bcm43xx messages in the output of 'dmesg'?

OK, I've changed the component on Fedora bug 191557 "hal identifies
bcm43xx device as wired 802.3 device" from hal to kernel. (Red Hat guys:
let me know if changing the component like this is against Bugzilla
etiquette and I'll close it and file a new one.)

James

--
James Ettle                                        jhe phys soton ac uk
Southampton High Energy Physics