Re: Dynamic WEP support.

On wo, 2006-03-22 at 15:14 -0500, Robert Love wrote:

> Hrm.  That is a problem.  Kind of sucks if there is no way for the AP
> to advertise that it does half-WPA/half-WEP.  I presumed it would
> advertise the WPA-EAP stuff, but then non-WPA cards might not grok
> that.

There is no such way indeed. The windows way of doing this is completely
separating WPA and 802.1x by just having a checkbox that says 'enable
802.1x' (and needing external software to actually implement it). This
also goes for wired connections and I find it quite intuitive, apart
from needing external software.
--
Dennis K.
 - Linux for human beings - http://www.ubuntu.com