Re: Dynamic WEP support.

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 21:14 +0100, Jan Mynarik wrote:

> > Another question is, if NM detects your Dynamic WEP-based AP, does it
> > think it is doing WPA Enterprise?  It should.
>
> No, when I select this network from nm-applet's list, n-m tries to
> connect and then opens dialog asking for WEP (passphrase|40-bit|104-bit
> key).

Hrm.  That is a problem.  Kind of sucks if there is no way for the AP to
advertise that it does half-WPA/half-WEP.  I presumed it would advertise
the WPA-EAP stuff, but then non-WPA cards might not grok that.

Anyhow ... you can test it by doing "Connect to Other ..." and selecting
"WPA Enterprise" with a key type of "Dynamic WEP" and filing out the
other fields selectively, as needed.

	Robert Love