Re: Wireless silently disconnects?

* Robert Love <rml novell com> [2006-03-01 21:30]:
> On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 20:43 -0500, Brian Magnuson wrote:
>
> > Ah, I see.  Ok, so something like this might be more appropriate?   Basically
> > back to the original posters concept.  More elses could be added as
> > appropriate.
>
> Yes, this is exactly what I had in mind.  Good work!
>
> > Additionally I moved the set_freq outside the if() which still works for me.
> > The set_mode really seems to be the thing causing the problem.  Having that
> > outside the if caused that same hang.  In that case it's not even clear that
> > the 2nd part of the patch is needed although it certainly seems like the right
> > thing to do.
>
> So ... this works for you?  Good.
>
> I would be curious if you needed the second hunk.  The reason being is
> that Dan doesn't want to put these driver-specific hacks in NM (with
> good reason), but the first hunk makes more sense.
>
> 	Robert Love

Confirmed.  The 2nd hunk doesn't appear to be needed.  Just the first diff
wrapping the set_mode in an if() is needed.

-Brian

P.S. While I was trying out various things I got one of these.  After this I
couldn't get NM to start managing any interface.   I tried restarting the dbus
daemon but I eventually just gave up and did a full reboot.  Seems to be fine
now.  *shrug*

(nm-applet:1770): WARNING **: <WARNING>
nma_dbus_net_properties_cb (): dbus returned an error.
(org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.LimitsExceeded) The maximum number of pending
replies per connection has been reached