Re: Wireless silently disconnects?

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 20:10 -0500, Brian Magnuson wrote:

> Sorry I don't follow you here.  My 2nd patch (I think) handles the cases for
> the other supplicant drivers.  I admittedly don't really know anything about
> the control connect to wpa_supplicant that I'm messing with here but it does
> seem wrong that it was always sending wext before.

wpa_supplicant drivers and kernel drivers are two different things.

the get_driver() function returns the kernel driver.

you are passing that in where we request the wpa_supplicant driver.  it
won't work for most drivers.

wpa_supplicant defines a generic "wext" driver that handles the wireless
extension API.  it also defines a handful of custom drivers, because the
kernel wireless drivers are such pieces of cat poop.  madwifi and
ndiswrapper are two of them.  but, say, airo (a valid kernel driver) is
not.

	Robert Love