Re: Great program!

On 6/9/06, Gonzalo Diethelm <gonzalo diethelm diethelm org> wrote:
Great news, I'll be waiting for the update to appear on dapper.

I still need to follow-up on this, I have a post-it on my monitor so hopefully I won't forget!

Three more things I have noticed in the past days, that may have already been mentioned on the list:

  1. Yesterday, at the home of a friend who has WiFi, NM was able to locate and configure the network. However, the signal was pretty flaky and I kept getting disconnected and then reconnected back again. The funny thing is, when it re-located the network, instead of pulling the password from the keyring, I had to reenter it as if this were the first time I was connecting to that network. Is this a bug or a design issue?
I think this is because the Key-Ring had become locked since it was no longer used but I do not know much about Gnome-Keyring so I cannot confirm this.

  1. I found no way of connecting to a network where the password was specified as any other number than one. This happened to me at my home, so I just reconfigured the router to use key #1, but I would like to know if it was me who could not find a way of doing this in NM, or this is not supported.

Key index's are not supported at this time, I am not sure if support is planned or not.  If possible I would switch to WPA since it is a lot more secure and easier to use than Key index's anyway....

  1. The annoying "enter password to open keyring" thing will be handled fine once I install pam_keyring, since I use my login password as my keyring password. However, I believe it would still be a good idea to be able to specify some of the networks as global for any user in the system.

This is planned for 0.70