Preferred and not preferred networks option

I guess that others have asked for it, but nm keeps on
connecting to my neighbours (unsecured) network, even
though I changed my own (WPA secured) network's name
to be higher in the alphabet.

I do not want network-manager to automatically connect
to my neighbours network or any other network without
my explicit consent. I think it might be insecure as
well. I would almost call this a bug.

I strongly suggest that one has the option not to
connect  to certain networks.

Even better: default is not connected, unless a
network is explicitly approved.