Re: rt2x00/rt2500 support

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 16:36:29 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> Ok; this is because d80211 (at least as included in rt2x00 driver) isn't
> setting the wireless stats handler, which I believe makes the device
> show up in /proc/net/wireless.
> (...)
>
> Jiri, what's involved here?  The actual handler for get_wireless_stats
> is quite simple; see below.  It returns a 'struct iw_statistics' for
> which it looks like all the information is available in d80211
> elsewhere.

There is no specific reason, nobody just have cared so far.

I think HAL is broken if it requires /proc/net/wireless to recognize
wireless device. There are better ways to achieve this (e.g. WE-specific
ioctls).

I put this request to the TODO list; that means it will be fixed but not
in a near future. Feel free to send a patch if you want it earlier.

Thanks,

 Jiri

--
Jiri Benc