Re: rt2x00/rt2500 support

On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 10:40 +1200, Eion Robb wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Thanks for all your help :)  So far we've managed to find that the dscape
> stack was lacking the SET_NETDEV_DEV() call in it.  It's there in the
> rt2x00 dscape drivers and I'm guessing will move into the dscape stuff in
> the kernel branch?
> So we've got the rt2x00 driver and devices to be detected by
> NetworkManager... as wired network devices.  I've looked around but I'm
> not sure how to change it to have the net.80211 capabilities.
> Can you point me in the right direction?

AFAIK, HAL looks at /proc/net/wireless, parses the interface names, and
uses that to determine whether or not the device is a wireless device.
Since it appears that /proc/net/wireless is eventually going away, HAL
may need to get changed to recognize the /sys/class/ieee80211 directory
that dscape presents, or something like that.

What does your /proc/net/wireless say when the card is plugged in and
the driver is loaded?

Dan