Re: Cannot connect with madwifi

Dan Williams wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 09:23 +0100, Tim Niemueller wrote:

>> Feb 15 09:20:35 evilgenius kernel: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): ath0: link is
>> not ready
>
> Yep, likely its dropping the connection due to a scan.  But that's
> normal for most cards right now.

That sucks. We had an option to disable scanning when connected. What
abot reviving this until the drivers catch up?

> Are you saying that the old madwifi doesn't work at all, or that it just
> drops and reconnects every 20 seconds?

Having net for 20 seconds and then not for the next 20 seconds is
equivalent to not working I think. But I can associate.

> It seems madwifi-ng is pretty F-ed up right now, given my experience
> with it on Monday with a fresh pull of SVN.  It doesn't even rescan and
> attempt to reassociate when you set a new essid on the thing.

It worked nicely with the old version I had before I think from before
the WPA stuff landed. Is that a specific problem with wpa_supplicant?
And what about that open vs. restricted stuff? I see that in the
interface it does distuinguish between open and shared key (is that open
and restricted?) but in the end it doesn't matter - it results in the
same behaviour, trying to connect with security mode open.

	Tim

--
    Tim Niemueller <tim niemueller de>      www.niemueller.de
 Imagination is more important than knowledge. (Albert Einstein)