Re: nm & orinoco_pci troubles

On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 00:08 +1000, Torgeir Veimo wrote:
> I have to rmmod and modprobe the orinoco_pci module after networkmanager
> is started for it to recognize the card. But it doesn't work. I get the
> log below; Anyone got an idea for what's wrong?

A followup; yesterdays update in rawhide provided me with a working
setup the first time I ran NM, it prompted me for a wep key which I
added, then it prompted me for a password to the keyring-manager, and
after that I was online. But when I restarted NM to run it as a service
it doesn't work anymore. It looks like it doesn't get to set the key
properly.

[root atlantis ~]# NetworkManager --no-daemon
NetworkManager: <information>   starting...
NetworkManager: <information>   Adding VPN service
'org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.vpnc' with name 'vpnc' and program
'/usr/bin/nm-vpnc-service'
NetworkManager: <information>   eth1: Device is fully-supported using
driver 'orinoco_pci'.
NetworkManager: <information>   nm_device_init(): waiting for device's
worker thread to start
NetworkManager: <information>   nm_device_init(): device's worker thread
started, continuing.
NetworkManager: <information>   Now managing wireless (802.11) device
'eth1'.
NetworkManager: <information>   Deactivating device eth1.
NetworkManager: <information>   eth0: Device is fully-supported using
driver 'e100'.
NetworkManager: <information>   nm_device_init(): waiting for device's
worker thread to start
NetworkManager: <information>   nm_device_init(): device's worker thread
started, continuing.
NetworkManager: <information>   Now managing wired Ethernet (802.3)
device 'eth0'.
NetworkManager: <information>   Deactivating device eth0.
NetworkManager: <information>   Updating allowed wireless network lists.
NetworkManager: <WARNING>        get_scan_results ():
get_scan_results(): card took too much time scanning.  Get a better one.
NetworkManager: <WARNING>        nm_device_802_11_wireless_scan ():
nm_device_wireless_scan(eth1): get_scan_results() returned an error.
NetworkManager: <information>   SWITCH: no current connection, found
better connection 'eth1'.
NetworkManager: <information>   Will activate connection 'eth1/ToRgEiR'.
NetworkManager: <information>   Device eth1 activation scheduled...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) started...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 1 (Device
Prepare) scheduled...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 1 (Device
Prepare) started...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 2 (Device
Configure) scheduled...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 1 (Device
Prepare) complete.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 2 (Device
Configure) starting...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1/wireless): access point
'ToRgEiR' is encrypted, but NO valid key exists.  New key needed.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) New wireless user key
requested for network 'ToRgEiR'.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 2 (Device
Configure) complete.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) New wireless user key
for network 'ToRgEiR' received.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 1 (Device
Prepare) scheduled...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 1 (Device
Prepare) started...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 2 (Device
Configure) scheduled...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 1 (Device
Prepare) complete.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 2 (Device
Configure) starting...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1/wireless): access point
'ToRgEiR' is encrypted, and a key exists.  No new key needed.
NetworkManager: <information>   SUP: sending command 'INTERFACE_ADD eth1
wext    /var/run/wpa_supplicant       '
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 7 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not
supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]: Invalid argument
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]: Invalid argument
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]: Invalid argument
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]: Invalid argument
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 4 value 0x0 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not
supported
WEXT auth param 5 value 0x1 - NetworkManager: <information>     SUP:
response was 'OK'
NetworkManager: <information>   SUP: sending command 'AP_SCAN 1'
NetworkManager: <information>   SUP: response was 'OK'
NetworkManager: <information>   SUP: sending command 'ADD_NETWORK'
NetworkManager: <information>   SUP: response was '0'
NetworkManager: <information>   SUP: sending command 'SET_NETWORK 0 ssid
546f5267456952'
NetworkManager: <information>   SUP: response was 'OK'
NetworkManager: <information>   SUP: sending command 'SET_NETWORK 0
key_mgmt NONE'
NetworkManager: <information>   SUP: response was 'OK'
NetworkManager: <information>   SUP: sending command 'SET_NETWORK 0
wep_key0 <key>'
NetworkManager: <information>   SUP: response was 'OK'
NetworkManager: <information>   SUP: sending command 'SET_NETWORK 0
wep_tx_keyidx 0'
NetworkManager: <information>   SUP: response was 'OK'
NetworkManager: <information>   SUP: sending command 'ENABLE_NETWORK 0'
NetworkManager: <information>   SUP: response was 'OK'
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 2 (Device
Configure) complete.
Trying to associate with 00:60:b3:7a:64:41 (SSID='ToRgEiR' freq=2437
MHz)
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 6 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not
supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 5 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCSIWGENIE]: Operation not
supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 0 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not
supported
WEXT auth param 1 value 0x10 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not
supported
WEXT auth param 2 value 0x10 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not
supported
WEXT auth param 3 value 0x0 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not
supported
WEXT auth param 10 value 0x0 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not
supported
WEXT auth param 8 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCSIWFREQ]: Device or resource
busy
Association request to the driver failed
CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys
Associated with 00:60:b3:7a:64:41
CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTED - Connection to 00:60:b3:7a:64:41 completed (auth)
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1/wireless) Stage 2
(Device Configure) successful.  Connected to access point 'ToRgEiR'.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 3 (IP Configure
Start) scheduled.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 3 (IP Configure
Start) started...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 4 (IP Configure
Get) scheduled...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 3 (IP Configure
Start) complete.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 4 (IP Configure
Get) started...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 5 (IP Configure
Commit) scheduled...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 4 (IP Configure
Get) complete.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 5 (IP Configure
Commit) started...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) successful, device
activated.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Finish handler
scheduled.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 5 (IP Configure
Commit) complete.

--
Torgeir Veimo <torgeir pobox com>