...a question in between (and a suggestion)

a) I don't followed the whole discussion, but if i understand it correct,
there's a need for stopping networkmanager, before using wpa_supplicant?
I don't need to do this (Ubuntu 6.06 and 6.06.1, by connection to
WPA-Enterprise with TTLS and PAP with wpa_supplicant). I connect at home
with nm to WPA2-PSK, later with wpa_supplicant to WPA-Ent. and home again
with nm... .
I wrote the wiki-article at http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Networkmanager -
from Beginner to Beginner and the last status there says: normally there's
no need to cancel nm-applet / stop nm to use wpa_supplicant.
Was i wrong in general, is there a need for stopping nm usually?

b) I know - WPA-Enterprise with TTLS and PAP is not supported at the
moment. I don't know, if it's an exotic combinatin. But i know, that at
leas of juristic reasons, more and more universities will use Encryption
like WPA-Enterprise and perhaps with TTLS and PAP. So it would be a very
fine feature.

Regards,

Karsten

> Also you need to make sure Network-Manager is stopped, if this is Ubuntu
> do:
> sudo /etc/dbus-1/event.d/25NetworkManager stop
>
> Then bring up the interface with ifup eth1  (or eth0 etc..)
>

> On 8/15/06, Darren Albers <dalbers gmail com> wrote:
>> Here is the wpa_supplicant.conf that I used in the past for WPA_PSK:
 particular)
( ...)