Re: Does anyone understand NetworkManager?

Robert Love <rml novell com> writes:

> On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 13:28 -0400, David Abrahams wrote:
>
>> You mean the Windows driver with ndiswrapper around it?  Or is there a
>> Linux driver for ipw3945?
>
> There is an excellent ipw3945 native Linux driver.
>
> See http://ipw3945.sourceforge.net/

Wow, that is one complicated build/install process, and when I try it,
I appear to be missing some kernel files (installing now). maybe I'll
try a couple of other things first.  My current ipw3945 is at 1.0.5m
and the latest is only 1.1.0; do you think that makes a big
difference?

>> I have the latest BIOS for this machine, if that's what you mean.
>
> No, I mean firmware for the ipw3945.

Is that a separate download from the above link?

Thanks,

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting