Re: Does anyone understand NetworkManager?

"Darren Albers" <dalbers gmail com> writes:

> If the problem is just that 0.6.2 can't reliably connect to hidden
> networks then broadcasting your SSID would be an easier fix.  Not
> broadcasting your SSID is not more of a hindrance than a security
> measure anyway...

Result: it connects to the network with visible or hidden SSID roughly
the same, which is to say that it sometimes connects quickly,
sometimes takes over a minute to connect, and sometimes times out.
Once it has timed out it doesn't seem to want to even attempt
connecting again until I deselect "enable netoworking" and re-enable
it ("enable wireless" doesn't do it).  I'm talking about the gnome
panel interface, here.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting