Re: NM Doesn't List Ethernet Card

Dan Williams wrote:
On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 00:15 +0200, Nicolas "Ikke" Trangez wrote:
On Sun, 2006-08-06 at 22:21 +0200, Krzysztof Kaczmarski wrote:
Darren Albers wrote:
On 8/4/06, Krzysztof Kaczmarski <krzysztof_kaczmarski o2 pl> wrote:
The same behavior for my Asus A6J with Realtek and Intel 3945.
I use r1000 driver and Realtek works well but NM does not see it.
(under Ubuntu Dapper)
The problem is you're using the r1000 driver (like I do), which does not
support link status detection. There are some patches to bring r8168
support to the kernel's r81969 driver, which does support status
detection, but I tried them and hacked a little on it, but it doesn't
seem to work :( Let's hope the netdev guys get it incorporated soon.

Is it that this driver doesn't support carrier detection, or does it not
have the right sysfs attributes to show up in HAL as an 802.3 device?
Can somebody attach an 'lshal' dump as well as a 'tree sysfs' dump, both
compressed and attached to the mail?

dan
Here you are Dan.
I did lshal but I don't know what do you mean by tree sysfs. :-)
KK