Re: NM 0.6.2-Ubuntu 6.06--conflict b/w NM & native Ubuntu networking tool? (was: NetworkManager issues

On 8/4/06, Jacob <fun2program8 yahoo com> wrote:

> However, enabling eth1 in the native Ubuntu networking tool causes all
> the eth1 entries to be re-written into /etc/network/interfaces. If I
> logout without editing this file, upon restart NetworkManager does not
> recognize the wireless card at all. If I re-edit /etc/network/interfaces
> and remove all eth1 references, upon restart NetworkManager *can* see
> the wireless card (and access points in my area), but again, eth1 is not
> enabled and NetworkManager actually cannot connect.

I think there is some confusion, Network-Manager CAN and SHOULD
connect without any entries in /etc/network/interfaces.  This sounds
like a problem with NDISWrapper, what version of NDISWrapper are you
running?