Re: named or not?

On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 11:44 -0500, Brian Millett wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 12:11 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> So, I gather that if named is started, then NetworkManager will use it,
> else it reverts to creating its own?

No, NM no longer spawns named directly at any point.  If named is
already running (we check whether the DBUS service that named provides
is active or not) then NM will use it.  If the service is not running,
NM falls back to writing /etc/resolv.conf.  NM no longer launches named
at all.

(side note: that means all the configure-time options about named are
unused, and should probably be removed from the specfile)