named or not?

Hello,
  I'm running NetworkManager on a fedora rawhide laptop.  In the not too
distant past, there was a named running under control of NetworkManager
with the /etc/resolv.conf pointing to 127.0.0.1.  I see that in the 0.5
release there are these options:

    * Make --without-named work (j bootlab org)
    * Make --with-dhcdbd work correctly (j bootlab org)

In the spec for fedora, the options are

%build
%configure --with-named=/usr/sbin/named --with-named-dir=/var/named/data
--with-named-user=named
make

So, do I need to have named service up and running?  Do I need dhcdbd up
and running?  I don't have named running, but I do have dhcdbd.  I have
a valid /etc/resolv.conf.

What am I missing?  Can someone help explain to me?

Thanks.

--
Brian Millett - [ G'Kar and Na'Toth, "By Any Means Necessary"]
"You're not a follower of G'Quan, are you, Na'Toth?"