Re: "Repair" function

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 12:17 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting David Zeuthen <davidz redhat com>:
>
> > Actually the suspend scripts I'm looking to put in Fedora Core does
> > exactly this (RH #155613). Here's a snippet from suspend
> >
> >     # Tell NetworkManager to shut down networking
> >     dbus-send --system                         \
> >         --print-reply                          \
> >         --reply-timeout=2000                   \
> >         --dest=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager  \
> >         /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager        \
> >         org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.sleep
>
> Hmm.  This is certainly different than what I've got in my suspend script on
> FC3:
>
> /usr/bin/dbus-send --system --dest=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager \
>   --type=method_call /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager \
>   org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.sleep
>
> So, why are you sending a signal whereas I've got a method_call (see previous
> threads on this list)?  I can't find --reply-timeout in the manpage; perhaps I
> should at least add --print-reply.

It should really default to doing methods, I guess the reason it works
is because I'm using --print-reply and this makes it it silently change
to methods (or so walters in the cube next to me say).

Btw, I don't know why dbus-send can even send signals, it doesn't really
make any sense to me at all. Need to look into this.

    David