Re: "Repair" function

Quoting David Zeuthen <davidz redhat com>:

> Actually the suspend scripts I'm looking to put in Fedora Core does
> exactly this (RH #155613). Here's a snippet from suspend
>
>     # Tell NetworkManager to shut down networking
>     dbus-send --system                         \
>         --print-reply                          \
>         --reply-timeout=2000                   \
>         --dest=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager  \
>         /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager        \
>         org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.sleep

Hmm.  This is certainly different than what I've got in my suspend script on
FC3:

/usr/bin/dbus-send --system --dest=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager \
  --type=method_call /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager \
  org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.sleep

So, why are you sending a signal whereas I've got a method_call (see previous
threads on this list)?  I can't find --reply-timeout in the manpage; perhaps I
should at least add --print-reply.

> and on resume
>
>     # Wake up NetworkManager and make it do a new connection
>     dbus-send --system                        \
>         --dest=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager \
>         /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager       \
>         org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.wake
>
> I did test this extensively at GUADEC (suspending and resuming all the
> time) and it worked surprisingly well. There may be some bugs with the
> current Rawhide tries now however, I have a recollection of this
> failing. I could be wrong though.

Good to know.  I've had a few cases where the 'wake' didn't actually scan and
attach properly, and just went into an endless loop of 'waiting for AP'.

>     David

-derek

       warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available