Re: OpenVPN support

David Zeuthen wrote:

>I think the problem is that how you want to do routing differs a lot
>from backend to backend (think openswan vs. vpnc). Dan would know more I
>guess.
>

>From what I know of IPsec I don't see how it differs much from a
"normal" VPN. I see two routing scenarios used by users:

* Route all traffic through the VPN (popular with the Windows crowd).
* Route specific networks through the VPN (which would also cover
specific hosts).

What I imagine is a third step when setting up the VPN where you
configure one of these two routing options. The VPN plug-in would then
have to provide a gateway inside the tunnel (and possibly a device)
which would be used as a target when setting up the routes.

I sincerely believe that most VPN backends will do routing the same way
and I'm rather allergic to code duplication. :)

>With "profile" I assume you mean "one vpn connection". No, this is not
>done yet - there's a number of ways to do it. I suppose it could be a
>commandline option to the auth-dialog?

Sounds good.** Cleanliness is next to godliness. ;)

Rgds
Pierre