Re: [Nemiver-list] SVN head doesn't compile

Erik de Castro Lopo scrisse:

> Dodji Seketeli wrote:
>
> > Why does libtool on your system calls the linker with the
> > -Wl,-z,defs option ?
>
> I'm actually building a Debian package (on Ubuntu)  and that line is
> in the  debian/rules file in nemiver SVN.

Pardon, I forgot to sync SVN package with our latest Debian package.
That line was left there unused by mistake, even if I'm not sure why it
was picked up in your build env. I've just resynced the SVN, try that
instead.

> I'm pretty sure this is standard policy for Debian packages.

Only where it works. The libraries and plugins model of nemiver isn't.
It can probably still be applied to single shared objects, but I fear
this need some heavy reworking of current autoconf files.

> > I don't know why the libtool on your system is doing that, but if
> > you can instruct it to link without that option, you'll have made
> > some progress.
>
> I can do that for the package I am building. The Debian people will
> still want to add that option when they compile packages for Debian.

I've already dropped that. If ubuntu already pulled it, you should have
an updated copy of it in your source repository.

> Cheers,
> Erik

Ciao, Luca

--
 .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **  | Luca Bruno (kaeso)
: :'  :   The Universal O.S.    | lucab (AT) debian.org