Re: [Nemiver-list] SVN head doesn't compile

Dodji Seketeli wrote:

> Why does libtool on your system calls the linker with the -Wl,-z,defs
> option ?

I'm actually building a Debian package (on Ubuntu)  and that line is in
the  debian/rules file in nemiver SVN.

I'm pretty sure this is standard policy for Debian packages.

> I don't know why the libtool on your system is doing that, but if you
> can instruct it to link without that option, you'll have made some progress.

I can do that for the package I am building. The Debian people will
still want to add that option when they compile packages for Debian.

Cheers,
Erik

PS : Thanks for Nemiver. Its already so much better than DDD which I
     have been using for nearly a decade.
Erik de Castro Lopo
"The Internet interprets censorship as damage, and routes around it."
  -- John Gilmore