Re: [Nemiver-list] global variables support patch

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 21:15:49 -0500,
"Jonathon Jongsma" <jonathon domain hid> wrote :

> Interesting.  I just applied your patch to the variablemodel branch
> and ran it myself and starting up fooprog in nemiver only takes me 15
> seconds.

Well, on my box it was between 30 seconds and 1 minute approximatively.
Well, we agree at least that it is still too much :-).

> The top of my profile shows up as
> __gnu_cxx::__stl_hash_string(const char*).  There's also a bunch of
> other __gnu_cxx::hashtable things in the profile.
> I also have a lot of '.plt' entries showing up in the profile

It's important to know more about the code path that lead to that
symbol. I think it is mostly logging. By commenting ouut the logs in the
functions that are used the most, I hope we can pass that hotspot.

Cheers,

--
Dodji Seketeli
http://www.seketeli.org/dodji