Re: [Nemiver-list] global variables support patch

On 9/24/07, Dodji Seketeli <dodji domain hid> wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 01:12:23 +0200,
> Oops :-) Actually, I wanted to understand where we were spending the
> time so I did some profiling. At the beginning of the process, nemiver
> was taking 7 minutes on my box to display the list of global variables
> of fooprog. After some profiling and some optimisations, the time is
> now a between 1 and 2  minutes. What I did was basically make sure to
> not to use the O(n) access function of UString (as those strings are
> utf8 strings), but rather O(1) access functions, mostly in the gdbmi
> parser. I also optimized some things that we use for logging.

Interesting.  I just applied your patch to the variablemodel branch
and ran it myself and starting up fooprog in nemiver only takes me 15
seconds.  The top of my profile shows up as
__gnu_cxx::__stl_hash_string(const char*).  There's also a bunch of
other __gnu_cxx::hashtable things in the profile.
I also have a lot of '.plt' entries showing up in the profile

--
jonner