Re: [Nemiver-list] A few more issues and ideas

Hey,

On 10/7/06, Jonathon Jongsma <jonathon jongsma domain hid> wrote:
I just wanted to send these to the list so that I don't forget about them:

[1] session paths: when you start a debug session from the commandline
(e.g. nemiver ../path/to/executable), nemiver stores the exact path
you entered in the attributes table (i.e. the programname property).
This means that if you want to execute that session later, you need to
start nemiver from the exact same location you started it earlier or
it won't be able to find the executable.  So we should really store
the absolute path to the executable in the database so that executing
a saved session isn't dependant on where you start nemiver from.  I'll
work on that.

I have just commited a fix to this and when I was  about to answer
this email I noticed the "I'll work on that". Sorry I misread the
email at first so I jumped into fixing this. I hope we didn't
duplicate any effort here :-\

Anyway, here is the way I fixed this. I connected the DBGPerspective
to the IDebugger::got_proc_info_signal() event. That event is emitted
when the target is loaded an about to run. It carries the PID and the
absolute path of the target image. I just updated the
DBGPerspective::Priv::prog_path member with the target image
(absolute) path I get from that event. That
DBGPerspective::Priv::prog_path is then saved in the on disk session,
in the property PROGRAM_NAME. I made sure the SESSION_NAME property
contain the filename (with no absolute path) of the target.

I hope this helps.

Dodji.