Re: compact view removed from Nautilus

> > But list view just isn't that useful when you have dozens of files in a
> > single directory, a very common case.  My screen is 2-dimensional.  If I'm
> > looking at a large set of files, I certainly want them to be laid out in
> > two dimensions rather than having to scroll to see them.  In this
> > situation, compact view would be my first choice, followed by icon view;
> > list view would come last.
> >

> I'd like to add that panoramic displays are the norm nowadays and users
> have a lot of horizontal space and it is worth to make the most of it.

Why have one disfunctional screen when you can draw a line down the
middle and have two, assuming it's tall enough. KDEs Dolphin has
a columns option that would allow horizontal list view (hiding the info)
but I've never spent time with compact view (except rox-filer to reduce
dependencies) or columns.

 Why not do something good every day and install BOINC.