Re: [Patch] Mount window closes on unmount if opened from Places or Desktop

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 22:25 +1300, Luke Symes wrote:
> > I would probably set it on the window rather than the slot, so you don't
> > touch the window you start the unmount in at all. I don't think the user
> > expects that.
>
> So you think open tabs should be left alone in said window? Then you
> could get several background tabs displaying computer:///, i.e. not
> much use? Although this would eliminate any jumping around of tab
> labels.

If you set up the window that way, with multiple tabs, split views or
whatnot I don't expect an unmount operation to change that, since it
would force the user recreate the setup, while if we don't close them
and the user didn't need them anymore its easy and fast to close them
manually.

> > I don't see why it would be hard to set a property on the window from
> > the context menu callback. Can you explain why that is a problem?
>
> Is the window the NautilusWindow or GtkWindow? I think it is the
> NautilusWindow...
> I don't know how to get to the window from within the function. I'm
> assuming that the property should be set in
> nautilus_file_operations_unmount_mount, as that is what both
> libnautilus-private/nautilus-file.c and
> libnautilus-private/nautilus-desktop-icon-file.c seem to use for
> ejecting/unmounting. There is the GtkWindow parameter there, but it
> only seems to be used when called by the autorun dialog.

No, thats the lowlevel code that does the actual unmounting. You rather
need to change the places that calls it. Which would be in
src/file-manager/fm-directory-view.c mostly. This is in the view, so it
doesn't have a straight reference to the window, only a
NautilusWindowInfo, so you need to extent that to include what is needed
for this.