Re: refreshing contents of a directory from a python extension?

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Bruce van der Kooij
<brucevdkooij gmail com> wrote:
> Mike Rooney wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone have any tips on this (refreshing the folder from a python
>> extension)? It is really blocking my work on this extension and thus
>> shipping it. If not, is there a better place for this question?
>
> I haven't actually thought this through but just to not leave you hanging
> here's what crossed my mind. Store all the NautilusVFSFile's in a dictionary
> you get through update_file_info, get_file_items and get_background_items
> and then after clicking your button call invalidate_extension_info on the
> directory.
>
> If it's no good, let me know.

Thanks Bruce, I'll check this out. I'm worried that something like
this may not work as the action my extension performs is similar to
swapping a symlink for the current directory. So, you type A in your
nautilus bar, which maps to B, so you see the contents of B. You click
a button and the extension now maps A to C, so refreshing B won't
help. Nautilus needs to know to refresh to "base" location in the
location bar. So I think this is why pressing F5 works just fine, but
touching files, adding files et cetera, doesn't help because nautilus
is looking in B and not C. There doesn't seem to be anything I can do
in B or C that will make it refresh the contents based on A. Does this
make sense?

Is there a way to mark "A" as dirty and needing to be refreshed?

--
Michael Rooney
mrooney gmail com