Re: remove "Link to" in front of symbolic links created by Nautilus

On 8 Sep 2008, at 23:25, Baptiste Mille-Mathias wrote:

Beos had an interesting way to show symbolic links by putting a
specific style, if I remember correctly the filename was set in
italic, and underlined.

MacOS 9 used to this as well (it just used italics). Was never sure whether I liked it or not, not least because italic fonts don't tend to render too well at smallish sizes on computer screens.

Whatever we end up doing, it would be good to resolve the apparently random inconsistency between the filenames of copies ("Filename (copy).ext") and the filenames of links ("Link to Filename.ext").

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            GNOME Desktop Team