Re: Patch to fix #314139 [REVISION PROPOSAL]

On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 11:54 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> Another complication is that doing generic gnome-vfs i/o can cause
> authentication dialogs to pop up, which is bad during dnd.

If it occurs during after a remote sessions has been dropped and the
target window is till on, I can't see why it can create a problem. (I
believe Win32 based platforms follow this approach as well)

> So, the two patches in your mail need to be combined into one
> should_convert_move_to_copy() function that does at most one stat of the
> target and one of the source. Furthermore, we should cache the results
> of this function for the last target/source pair, which I think can be
> done by using user-data on the drag context.

Some question:

 * The user ownership patch was not created by me, I think it's taken
from nautilus's CVS ;-)
 * Wouldn't it be easier and more readable to use nautilus own already
cache enabled file permissoin and access functions ? (as in
libnautilus-private/nautilus-file.h, Manny noted to me these are cache
enabled)

Cheers,

Sivan