Re: Patch to fix #314139 [REVISION PROPOSAL]

Hi Again, the wonderful users and hacker of nautilus.

I would like to bring your attention again to a patch I have created
originally using pure gnome_vfs functions to check if the source's
parent is read only, and if so default to a copy operation instead of a
move operation which previously caused hassle, confusing and much mess
among especially converts from other operating system, as to why "Such a
trivial operation needs to involve hassle and why do I even need to
think about it and select copy from the context menu??" etc.. ;-)

So after realizing this patch is not good enough, due to it being inside
a callback which gets called multiple times per each DND operation,
Manny on the irc channel proposed I use instead of the native gnome-vfs
methods, the nautilus infras. for file manipulation (to check if the
source uri's parent is read only) , namely
libnautilus-private/nautilus-file.h::nautilus_file_get_existing

and

libnautilus-private/nautilus-file.h::nautilus_file_peek_vfs_file_info

Now my question is, should I get a new patch in the same a approach of
the previous one (which actually followed another patch approach, from
the file ownership bug) but with the this time cache enabled functions
of nautilus-file.h, will this be accepted by the upstream maintainers?

I would hate to start work on it, just to realize I need to re-do it
again.

Many thanks, and apologies for the spam :)

Sivan