Re: patch for bug #165442 - Icons needed in the corner popup menu

(Oops, I accidentally sent this to mpt only. Damn gmail)

On 6/3/05, Matthew Thomas <mpt myrealbox com> wrote:

> The only file managers I know of that did this were those for the Apple
> II GS and for Mac OS 1~9: they indicated whether any item (including a
> disk) was open by giving it a shading different from the shading used
> for selection.
> <http://toastytech.com/guis/a2copy.gif>
> <http://toastytech.com/guis/mac11dragndrop.gif>
> <http://toastytech.com/guis/macos9folders.png>
> A bit crusty by today's standards, and not as cute as a picture of an
> opened folder, but easier to see at a glance. (If you chose a classier
> version of that technique, you'd need to do it everywhere in Nautilus,
> not just in the hierarchy menu.)

Nautilus has had this for quite a while (since 2.6 or 2.8 maybe?)
<http://people.jyu.fi/~ratavalt/open-folder.png>
IIRC initially a picture of an opened folder was used, but it was
changed to this for some reason.