Re: patch for bug #165442 - Icons needed in the corner popup menu

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 17:32 -0400, Vincent Noel wrote:
> Hey all,
> I have attached a patch to fix bug #165442. With this patch, the
> corner popup menu shows relevant icons for the "/" path, the user's
> home and his desktop directory, and shows regular directories for any
> other path (see the attached screenshot). I think it really helps to
> make the distinction between each directory, and it also increases
> consistency with the gtk file chooser.
>
> Of course there are other problems with the popup (e.g. it should show
> "computer" as the topmost level, the "home" directory it shows is not
> the same as the "home" on the desktop, etc) but these are different
> bugs.

The special casing only handles the non-first icons in the menu, so they
won't work when e.g. showing the root or home directory.

Furthermore, we shouldn't be using special casing like this. Instead we
should have all icons for a directory (like e.g. the window icon and the
path button) generated by the same function. I think just using
nautilus_icon_factory_get_icon_for_file() should work fine.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a war-weary neurotic househusband with a robot buddy named Sparky. She's
a vivacious antique-collecting archaeologist with only herself to blame. They
fight crime!