Re: patch for bug #165442 - Icons needed in the corner popup menu

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 10:18 -0400, Vincent Noel wrote:
> I have attached a new patch using
> nautilus_icon_factory_get_icon_for_file, but for some reason all the
> directories below the home directory show up as blank icons - file:///
> and file:///home are wrongly recognized as application/octet-stream...
> Icons for $HOME and higher directories are correct though. Weird.

Ah, this is more problematic. We need to do some async i/o to actually
get the information from not-yet-read files. That makes things a lot
more complicated...

> On 6/2/05, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> wrote:
> > The special casing only handles the non-first icons in the menu, so they
> > won't work when e.g. showing the root or home directory.
>
> The first item in the list is a problem : It should appear as
> "opened", as it is the folder contained in the current window. But we
> don't have any "opened home" or "opened root" icons... and I doubt we
> ever will (I can't even imagine how to represent an opened hard drive
> icon).
> A possible way to handle this first item would be to request the
> regular icon using nautilus_icon_factory_get_icon_for_file, and if the
> returned icon is the regular folder use the "opened folder" icon...

Do we really need to show it as opened?
Anyway, this is where you use the "modifier" argument to functions like
nautilus_icon_factory_get_pixbuf_for_icon.
Maybe nautilus_icon_factory_get_pixbuf_for_file is the easiest one to
use in this case.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a fiendish white trash dog-catcher on the hunt for the last specimen of a
great and near-mythical creature. She's a high-kicking green-skinned
magician's assistant from the wrong side of the tracks. They fight crime!