Re: stretch icon

Steven Garrity wrote:

Alan wrote:

Personally I think that it should be gotten rid of, but that's
only because I never use it :) Definately nice to reduce the size of the
right click menu however.

Yeah, I agree. I've always thought it was cool to be able to resize the icons, but I've never actually used the feature for anything beyond playing around with.

Does anyone have any examples of the individual icon resizing as justification for keeping the feature?

Steven Garrity

I used it on an occation when I brought my computer but not my monitor to a demo party. I was able to lend a small monitor from a friend, but it could only display a maximum resoulution of 800x600 (my monitor at home displays 1152x864). Using icon stretch I could stretch my icons down to a size where all my icons could fit on the desktop. It was a real pain trying to make them all the same size, is there a way to make all the icons stretch the same amount in an easy way? An ideal situation would be if the icons stretched down or up a certain amount according to the resoultion of the monitor. Check out the logo at the top of this page for an example: http://www.thegang.nu/. The image changes size according to the size of the browser window.
- Andreas Nilsson