Re: [PATCH] gnome-vfs: Don't monitor read-only filesystems
- From: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- To: Sriram Ramkrishna <sri aracnet com>
- Cc: Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com>, Nautilus <nautilus-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnome-vfs: Don't monitor read-only filesystems
- Date: 07 Apr 2004 19:20:09 +0200
On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 19:09, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 12:08:37PM +0200, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> > No, killing fam was enough.. Fam was maintaining an open fd on the cdrom
> > drive. Killing it allows unmounting the drive.
> Fam needs to be a little smarter about this. For instance, if there
> was some way that it knows that an unmount request was sent to one
> of it's open fd it should try to release it. Or cdroms and usb storage
> devices should be handled specially..
This is the wrong solution. We should have a file notification kernel
api that doesn't force you to have an open fd. And that doesn't totally
Alexander Larsson Red Hat, Inc
alexl redhat com alla lysator liu se
He's an underprivileged flyboy dwarf haunted by an iconic dead American
confidante She's a psychotic gold-digging museum curator with someone else's
memories. They fight crime!
] [Thread Prev