Re: [PATCH] gnome-vfs: Don't monitor read-only filesystems
- From: Sriram Ramkrishna <sri aracnet com>
- To: Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com>
- Cc: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>, Nautilus <nautilus-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnome-vfs: Don't monitor read-only filesystems
- Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 10:09:15 -0700
On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 12:08:37PM +0200, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> No, killing fam was enough.. Fam was maintaining an open fd on the cdrom
> drive. Killing it allows unmounting the drive.
Fam needs to be a little smarter about this. For instance, if there
was some way that it knows that an unmount request was sent to one
of it's open fd it should try to release it. Or cdroms and usb storage
devices should be handled specially..
] [Thread Prev