Re: Proposal for bug 73937 / symlinks in nautilus

I agree with this and was thinking:

Nautilus should treat system links like system links. If users expect
that when the create a link with nautilus for it to not behave like a
system link and more like a windows shortcut, then it seems obvious to
me that the thing to fix is not how nautilus interprets system links[1]
but how nautilus creates lunks/shortcuts.

Maybe nautilus should create launchers instead of syslinks.

I think that the "fix syslinks" patch should be re-applied and we should
discuss how to improve nautilus' _creation_ of syslinks.

[1] this should be like the console

--
		 .--= [ MArk Finlay - sisob ] =--.

        [ Gnome User's Board : www.gnomesupport.org/forums ]