Re: Nautilus Preference Proposal -- another point of view

Il gio, 2002-10-24 alle 19:51, Calum Benson ha scritto:
> On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 15:19, Luca Ferretti wrote:
>
> I guess there's no reason why we couldn't put icons on tabs too, they'd
> just have to be a bit smaller :)

too much smaller ;-)

BTW what about using <b></b> in tabs header?

> - Without resizing the dialog, you can only see about 5 categories at
> once, which means you have to scroll to see the rest.  This makes the
> dialog feel much more complex than it really is.

Yeah, but you can set up your dialog to use _only_ 4 o 5 categories and
no one needs to resize it :-O

> - It's not clear before you click on it whether the icon caption belongs
> to the icon above or below it; the spacing needs to make this clearer--
> but by increasing the spacing you can see even fewer categories at once
> :)

?? what did you mean? Or better, did you try to run my package? Well
balanced # of items and frame around current selected can help you.

BTW: sidebar style or notebook style is less important then clear
labels!!!
So, no real troubles for me to use notebook, if dialog is well (right
labels, right placed) developed.

If there are some Engineers (no Usability, but electrical or electronic,
or solid-think-maker;-), they know what is a 'prototype syndrome' (TM):
customer tells his necessity, you make a
fake-working-box-with-some-eye-candy, a prototype.... and customer love
it!!! He want the prototype! "Why you can make another?" he said, but
don't know: inside you are using glue and rubbers!!!

My package is just only a prototype: you can find fake options, like
list columns, to see how can be placed, and many eye candy like sidebar
style.

BUT there are a different options layout and labels too, and eye-candies
are only vegetables around meat: this is what I really like to see in
nautilus 2.2, more better and improved then I can, but breaking the old
eazel options' labels and placing and, sorry, but no constructive criticism
about this....

SO, there are a notebook style dialog at
www.infinito.it/utenti/elle.uca/GNOME/nau-pref.glade

--
[...]'ansai com'era casa mia
e quel bambino che, giocava in un porcile

io, guarda il pongo che c'ho io
va' cor pongo mo' che te ce faccio
soldi in tasca non ce n'ho
ma sul pongo comando io