Re: Nautilus Preference Proposal -- another point of view

On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 15:19, Luca Ferretti wrote:

> Yes, i know, and I don't wont make any flame, _but_ I spend all July
> translating nautilus in Italian language: was a nightmare find the right
> words to make old Categories labels 'clear to users'. This 'cause
> categories labels aren't too much related to pointed options, but 'cause
> a simple label (1 or 2 words) can't exactly explain what exactly you can
> adjust too.

I guess there's no reason why we couldn't put icons on tabs too, they'd
just have to be a bit smaller :)

This is probably more for the Evo list and Anna than to discuss here,
but I have a couple of issues with the new Evolution style of
preferences dialog, as it's currently implemented there:

- Without resizing the dialog, you can only see about 5 categories at
once, which means you have to scroll to see the rest.  This makes the
dialog feel much more complex than it really is.

- It's not clear before you click on it whether the icon caption belongs
to the icon above or below it; the spacing needs to make this clearer--
but by increasing the spacing you can see even fewer categories at once
:)

Cheeri,
Calum.