Re: pluggable context menus ...

Hi James,

On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 19:00, James Willcox wrote:
> Ok, what if we just hold a path to a UI file in the .server file,

	That's fair enough - OTOH, it's nice to have the embedded XML feature
for evolution, so a single XML file can describe everything ;-) but it's
understandable that you don't want to delve into b-a-s and do that.

> If you can better explain to me how to work out the verb stuff, I might
> be interested in doing this.  Also, do we really want to be activating
> components when people bring up a menu?  Is it going to be fast enough?

	Nope, we don't want to activate the components - hence simply merging
the XML into the menu - using b-a-s lets you get that far without
activating anything; clearly as soon as you select the menu item; then
yes we need to activate something - but that's the case anyway ;-) also,
hopefully an instance of eg. the image viewer will be running already so
the latency can best case be ~0.

	How does that sound ?

	Regards,

		Michael.