Re: Gorilla and North [was Re: toolbar issues]

I think i've been really clear here. If tigert and jimmac want to have
gorrilla and north toolbar icons they should create gtk themes that use
them so all apps can use them. Even if they just take the default and
add toolbar icons to them. That is how the gtk stock icon theming
mechanism that they worked to create is suppose to work. I think it
would be really nice to create a whole gorilla themed desktop not just
nautilus you know...

Regarding icon themes. After reading alex's icon spec, my guess it that
somewhere in the 2.2 to 2.4 time period, nautilus themes will completely
dissapear in favor of more general icon theming mechanism anyway, since
all apps will be able to use them. I hate the fact that nautilus has
different mime icons than evolution which different mime icons than
other apps, it's a source of bugs in the panel and in nautilus (seen it
mentioned more than a few times in bugzila)...Hopefully in the future
you'll just download a generic freedesktop compatible icon theme that
will work with all your apps kde and gnome. Users will love us.

dave