Re: [Nautilus-list] CD Burning or "in case you get overwhelmed with copious free time"

On to, 2002-03-28 at 02:33, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:

    Nope It has not this option :-(

    It cannot duplicate CDs directly, you should copy it to your harddisk by
    hand and then insert a blank CD and do all you have tell us here.

    I like this kind of cd burning but I also love the option to do a CD to
    CD copy.

Yea, but that is a different thing. We have programs to do that already;
xcdroast and gcombust can do cd-to-cd-r copying as far as I know, but
you need to have a cd-rom drive and a burner as separate drives. I would
guess it might even work with "dd if=/dev/cdrom of=- | cdrecord
-whatever-options -you use" - havent tried though, but I dont know why
it should not. You can at least create CD images with dd or "cat
/dev/cdrom > foo.raw", I have done that several times. If it does work
in practice, it is trivial to do a small desktop launcher to make a
backup copy from a CD.

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::